The mitral valve is present in the space between the left atrium and left ventricle. Mitral Valve Stenosis occurs when the mitral valve of your heart gets contracted, leading to restricting the flow of blood in the main pumping chamber.
This can result in various sorts of health issues such as fatigue, breathing problems, fluttering in heartbeats, swollen in ankles and feet, etc.
With such major problems in your well-being, it becomes increasingly important to know about Mitral Stenosis. Even its causes, symbols, preventive measures and possible treatments deserve equal attention.
Some of the most significant reasons for Mitral Stenosis are-
- Rheumatic fever
- Congenital disorders
- Calcium deposits
Mitral Stenosis occurs usually within a period of 20 to 40 years after rheumatic disease. While congenital defects happen in babies, calcium deposits are mostly found in elders.
These causes should be dealt with correct actions to overcome the threat of Mitral Stenosis.
Various home remedies
In case you possess the illness of Mitral Stenosis, here are a few tips which can be used to enhance your lifestyle.
- Decrease the quantity of salt- Consuming salty diets increases pressure on your heart. Thus, ensure you check out the food labels before eating any packed food.
- Cut on coffee and tea- Tea and coffee contains caffeine which aids in worsening irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias).
- Limit the intake of alcohol- Intense alcohol intake upsurge the risks of arrhythmias.
- Workout- The level of exercising will surely depend upon the severity of your condition. Nonetheless, anyone suffering from such ailment should engage regularly in low intensity workout to achieve and maintain cardiovascular health.
- Keep In touch with your doctor- Always dial for medical help in case you start to experience repeated palpitations. Maintain a regular appointed medical check-up with the concerned professional.
- Keep a balanced weight.
Till today, most medications cannot help in fixing a valve defect, but only help in treating symptoms. The only possible solution seems to be a surgery to replace or treat the Mitral valve.
To conclude, the case of Mitral Stenosis needs to be properly inspected to prevent oneself from falling prey to its symptoms. Its curious causes are found to exist in almost all the age groups. Moreover, their signs are usually not that visible for a brief time period.
With the only possible treatment being the surgery, it is much advisable to follow the proverb ‘Prevention is better than cure’ strongly.