Also known as subdural hematomas, blood clot brain surgery is done to eradicate and get rid of a clot which is present under the dura mater near the brain. Dura mater is considered to be a protective covering or layer of the brain connecting to tissues that surround the spinal cord. It is considerably a thick membrane and placed outermost of all the three membranes that protect the nervous system in the human body. All the parts of the layers together are called meninges. In this condition, the brain starves for oxygen to reach the nervous system.
To remove hematomas, it requires surgical procedure as they flatten and crams the brain tissue. The compressed brain tissue is hazardous for the nervous system as it can cause life-threatening complications. Subdural hematomas are most common in individuals based on the type of blood clot. Blood vessels shrink and bleeding is observed in this type of condition. It can arise from intense trauma or injuries. These clots can cut blood flow to organs to function and can be really deadly or harmful if not treated.
Symptoms vary from person to person with respect to the location of blood clots in the body. Suspecting a blood clot requires immediate doctor’s advice and assistance. A blood clot in the brain may develop symptoms like:
- Vision strain and sight difficulty
- Facial weakness
- Headache, Faintness, and dizziness
- Fragility in arms, legs
- Problem in speech
- Slowness in motor skills
- Stroke or heart attack
Inclusion of certain risk factors and reasons are there for a blood clot in the brain to occur at all. A human body triggers to certain happenings and conditions. Most likely to happen scenarios that lead to a blood clot in the brain are:
- Overindulgence in smoking and alcohol consumption
- Age factor especially someone above 60 years old.
- Prolonged bed rest routines
- Family history
- Birth control pills
Visualization techniques are applied to find out about the condition. Observation of blood vessels plays a crucial role in diagnosis. To actually locate the clot in the nervous system, imaging techniques are applied for the procedure or treatment to continue. Different methods applied to detect a clot are:
- CT SCAN: the most common method used to identify the location of a clot in mind with the x-ray system and detailed images.
- CAROTID ULTRASOUND: it is performed to see the fragments of a blood clot traveling between neck and brain.
- ANGIOGRAMSand MRI
- TESTING OF HAND AND EYE COORDINATION.
Immediate medical help should be sorted out referring to results of tests and scans taken as delaying will only worsen the situation and can lead to future disorientation. Brain stroke almost leads to health emergencies and a patient’s situation is severe. Chances of survival are higher with quick medical treatments taking place on time. Anesthesia is important to give to patients before the surgery as the brain is a delicate organ of the body and requires high precision so that a patient can remain unconscious throughout the treatment for better recovery.
Surgical procedures are as follows:
- BURR HOLE DRAINAGE: it is medically used to remove the clot near the brain which is also known as subdural hematomas and can be successfully detached by this process. Some cases demand traditional open surgery called craniotomy depending on the requirement of a patient’s recovery.
- THROMBECTOMY: a procedure used by neurovascular surgeons to remove blood clots inside of the vein or artery. Only professionals may perform this as it is a complex surgery.
Blood clot brain surgery costs around 15 lakhs to 18 lakhs across the globe. A patient usually recovers from this after a period of 1-2 months of proper rest. In contrast to this blood clot brain surgery cost in India is immensely economical and affordable. It varies from 3lakhs to 5 lakhs in Indian rupees. India is gaining it’s marked for medical tourism and hospitality around the globe at much cheaper rates with a high-end professional treatment from experienced doctors. India will be a wise choice to opt for a blood clot in brain surgery. Chemotherapy treatments are well organized and routine check-ups are made for medical guidance.
Expectations from the Treatment
Individual recovery depends on personal experiences but the major focus should be on preparing yourself and to have a will power to get back up normally and fight the condition. The healing process will be equally important to recover. As the treatment date approaches, you need to be aware of all the general information about your surgery and routines so that there is an ease in the process. A patient learns gradually under the doctor’s expertise. To avoid further complications, treatment is obligatory.
- Add ginger, garlic in your food list that acts as natural blood thinners.
- Pineapple includes bromelain enzyme that helps to break down clots.
- Include a lot of hot peppers and chilies in your meals.
- Cassia cinnamon and turmeric acts as a natural agent to remove blood clots as well.
- Avoid junk food that raises bad cholesterol in your blood.
- Avoid smoking.
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink a minimum of 2- 3 bottles of water daily.
Intense blood clots in brains are caused by a mental setback or consistent injuries that lead to surgery but naturally, also they can be healed if the condition is not that severe by taking extra precautions and remedies. Certainly, blood-thinning medications are provided by the doctor at first if a patient is in early-stage but the right treatment should be selected if the condition is at risk. A person is advised to not take so much stress and lead a healthy balanced life. The best advice can be given by a concerned doctor and many specialists are available for a blood clots in brain surgery in India. The focus should be on the healing process as the date of treatment approaches and be ready for all the arrangements. There will be activity restrictions as holding heavy materials and exercise after the surgery to ease out the discomfort caused and a patient should rest for at least 3 weeks.
If you undergo craniotomy then the recovery period extends to 10-12 weeks. Educate yourself throughout about the treatment and take active participation. Ease out a bit on lifestyle and regain confidence.