We often take our health for granted. And when it starts to take a toll on us, that’s when we get alerted and try to make things right for us. However, there are certain symptoms that we may not see coming even when everything seems perfectly normal. If you think that you have been stuck in a sexual rut due to your unsatisfying sexual session, it could be a warning sign that there’s something wrong. Losing an erection during sex can be a worrisome situation and an embarrassing experience. However, it is completely normal and most men experience it at a certain point of time in their lives. It doesn’t mean that your sexual desire is flagging or there’s something wrong with your partner. Losing an erection while having sex can occur due to various reasons such as performance anxiety, alcohol consumption, etc. Even if you watch porn excessively, even that could be one of the reasons that you lose an erection during intercourse. But how’s that possible? And is there a way out of it? We discuss everything in detail in this article, and yes, there’s definitely a way out of this situation. There are medications and other forms of treatments available that can help you get out of this gruesome situation.
What Causes You to Lose Erection Midway?
If you lose your erection midway during intercourse, it could be a symptom of erectile dysfunction (ED). And ED is pretty much treatable. You already have heard about the blue pill, right? Viagra 150 mg pill is one such wonder pill that helps you get rid of this situation so that you can get a hard-on easily and don’t lose it during intercourse. But this is just one common symptom and there are several other reasons why you could be losing your erection.
- Performance anxiety – This is something that happens to men of any age group. However, it is more common among young men. Young men may develop fear about their performance in bed – how long will they last, will they ejaculate too soon or will they able to satisfy their partner. Such questions can cause anxiety and make you feel uncomfortable during sex. Sex isn’t just about getting your penis inside the vagina. It means a lot more. You have to be pretty much involved in that particular moment so that you can satisfy your partner. But with so many distracting thoughts running in your mind, you won’t be able to get turned on easily and are likely to lose your erection while having sex.
- Health conditions – When we talk about physical factors that can contribute to dying erections, conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity come into play. But that’s not the end of this list. Hormonal issues (low testosterone levels) can contribute to a reduced sex drive and nervous system conditions such as Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis (MS). These conditions often play an important role in determining the strength and quality of your erections and you’re likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction if you have any of these conditions. This is because these conditions can clog the arteries and make it difficult for the blood to flow easily to the penis. And if the blood flow is improper, you won’t be able to get hard or have a weaker erection than normal. While physical causes appear to be one of the major contributing factors for ED, there are certain other factors such as using illicit drugs, tobacco, alcohol, smoking marijuana, and certain steroids and antidepressants that can have a negative impact on your erections. Often times, ED can be treated effectively by making lifestyle modifications and with the help of medications like Viagra as discussed earlier. While there’s no right dose for everyone, your doctor will prescribe you a medication what suits you best. Therefore, if you don’t achieve significant results from the 150 mg dose, he may prescribe you Sildenafil Citrate 200 mg instead.
- Stress – This is something you’ll find in every thread you read on the Internet these days. Stress happens to be one of the major contributing factors for almost every condition that exists on earth today. And even if it isn’t, it is likely to worsen your existing condition (that may be caused due to some other reasons). Whether it’s something related to work, a financial crisis, or death of a loved one – whatever the reason is, managing stress is really important for healthy erections. While sex may be a stress-reliever, you cannot make love to your partner if you have tons of things going in your mind.
What Can You Do to Stop Losing Your Erection During Sex?
Frankly speaking, it’s quite normal to occasionally lose your erection during sex. But if you feel tired or are distracted by some random thought, you may not be able to get as hard as you would usually get. And you won’t be able to last for a longer time as you normally would. This doesn’t correspond to ED. If losing an erection becomes consistent and noticeable to you, then it could be a warning sign for ED. You may notice that you are hard but still softer than before and may not be able to get erection at all times.
Moreover, you should pay attention to other things as well. Apart from health conditions that may be hurting your erections, things such as drinking alcohol can also make it difficult for you to get an erection or lose one while having intercourse. This is because alcohol is considered a depressant that makes it difficult for you to achieve an erection. You’ll notice that it’s easy for you to get an erection when you’re sober.
Making certain lifestyle changes can definitely help improve your condition and stop you from losing an erection while having sex. These include:
- Eating a well-balanced diet
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Limiting your alcohol consumption and putting an end to smoking
- Exercising regularly
- Getting your vitals checked regularly
- Watching porn in moderation
- Managing stress levels
When you make these lifestyle changes, you’ll definitely be able to notice a change in your erections and your overall health. These changes don’t guarantee that you won’t lose an erection but they’ll definitely have a noticeable impact. And obviously, if you have been diagnosed with ED, your best take is to get a medication prescribed. Some of the well-known ED drugs include Viagra 200mg, Cialis 60 mg, and Levitra 40 mg. They help to improve blood circulation throughout the body, including the penis and help you to maintain an erection for a longer period of time when you’re aroused.
Whatever is the reason behind your problem, make sure that you don’t panic. Take help from a medical professional and restore your sexual performance and confidence.