Indoor air is often more polluted when compared to the air outside. Your exposure to poor quality of indoor air could pose a threat of several airborne diseases as you are likely to spend most of your time indoors. The best solution to ensure clean air for breathing when you are indoors is to use an air purifier. It’s important to choose the right air purifier to help you breathe better. Here’s a guide that can help you choose an ideal air purifier in India.
Air Purification Technology
Different air purifiers work on different technologies, including HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, Ozone generation, activated carbon filters and more. HEPA filter technology is the most popular of all, owing to its tested and proven track record. Make a wise choice after researching all the available options.
Consider the Room Size
The size of the room where you want to install the purifier is a very important consideration. An air purifier that works efficiently in a small bedroom might not be the right choice for a larger drawing-room. Before looking for a room air purifier, ensure that you know the room size and then look for purifiers that are appropriate for this area.
Features to Look for
After selecting the type and size of the purifier you need, consider whether you would like a few special features.
- Most advanced models come equipped with an air quality indicator to give real-time updates on the air quality using an inbuilt sensor.
- If the air purifier in India has a real-time air purity monitor and display, it’s an added advantage.
- The presence of an ionizer can increase the freshness of the air around. It forces the contaminants to stick to the walls or traps them in an electrically charged collection plate.
Other Factors to Consider
Besides the above-listed features, the air purifier should have a functional and user-friendly design that makes it suitable for use in offices and homes. Further, it should support a low-noise operation so that you will be able to live with it.
Check the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) and ACH rating before purchasing. The CADR indicates how quickly or efficiently an air purifier works, while ACH denotes the number of time the air in the room gets purified in an hour.
Opt for air purifiers that come with CE certification as this indicates conformity with safety, health and environmental protection standards. The product should come with a warranty of at least one year so that you can be assured of its quality.
How to Make the Most Out of Your Air Purifier?
You need to follow a few basic tips to make the most out of your room air purifier:
- Clean the filters regularly and replace them as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep the windows and doors closed when using this device.
- Point the flow of purified air towards your breathing zone for the best results.
- Leave the purifier turned on all the time.
With air purifiers being your go-to solution for breathing in fresh air when indoors, you don’t need to have second thoughts before investing in one. It will undoubtedly be a great addition to your healthy home.